Best prop for my Stratos 201 XL w/ Johnson GT 200

Guys what is the best prop to run to get over all hole shot and over all top speed, also what RPM'S should I be turning? This boat just doesn't seem to be as fast as what I would have thought it would be, I am only getting about 56-57MPH, about 5000 RPM'S out of it with me in it by myself (I weigh 215 pounds) and about half fuel in each tank. The current prop is a OMC Renegade 4 blade 13 1/2 X 25.....any input and help will be greatly appreciated. I will gladly change props if someone could tell me what would be best.

Also what fuel should I be running (high octane or just regular unleaded)?

I just don't think I am getting all the throttle or something

TODD

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Best prop for my Stratos 201 XL w/ Johnson GT 200

You should read the stickies at the top of the page and get us as much info as possible.
Before making a prop change be sure your setup is right. The antivent plate(just above the prop should be about even with the bottom to about an inch above.Be sure the motor is in excellent tune.Throttle opening all the way.Prop in excellent condition.Bottom clean and smooth.
I can't be too specific about props but generally hole shot and top speed don't go together.
Your 4 blade prop could have good hole shot but isn't likely to produce top speed.
But check those things I suggested before we talk props.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Best prop for my Stratos 201 XL w/ Johnson GT 200

We've had great success with a couple of different props for that combo. If we're looking for a good holeshot and top speed we use a Turbo Lightning. If we're looking for good holeshot and great mid range with a minimal top speed loss we use an Ultima 4. The small diameter Renegade seems to leave a lot to be desired in most cases. The Fusion 4 would come into play with a light load for top speed.

Your motor probably has a 6700 rpm limiter. In any case it'll at least be 6200. Target 6000 with an average load and you'll be good. Lots of things will determine what your top rpm will be.