2000 Evenrude 225 Ficht Power Tilt and Trim Problem

Texasbasser

Recruit
Greetings! I have a 2000 Evenrude 225 Ficht. The Power tilt and trim is leaking fluid from the top of the middle cylinder. Is this a seal or O-ring? And how do I replace and where do I get the part? I am at a loss. 2nd how would I drain the fluid from this tilt trim. Any help would be much appreciated!:confused:::facepalm:
:(

Re: 2000 Evenrude 225 Ficht Power Tilt and Trim Problem

Your best to get it professionally serviced, the middle ram houses the shock valve which needs to be removed to put the new cap seal on. Beware of raplacing PTT components just by looking at them. A proper shop should have the gauges and service manuals to test each circuit of the unit.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

If want to DIY you should have an OMC factory service manual and may need a special tool or two.

Texasbasser

Recruit

Thanks to both replies! I just can't think of anything else but a leaking seal or o-ring that could be causing the leakage. Took it out on lake yesterday and afterwards, the prop did not want to go up and there is water in the oil leaking out of the middle cylinder. I took the boat to the repair shop in late April for the same problem. They just drained the fluid out and refilled it. I will check on an OMC manual. If anyone else has suggestions, please post them!!!! Thanks!!!:confused: