81 johnson seahorse 90 hp battery issue?

sbdolphin44

Recruit
does my johnson need a battery to run? i manually pull started the beast and it ran for about a quarter mile and shut off i did this several times, i noticed the cylenoid by the starter was busted, and i had to pump the fuel bulb to keep it runnin which told me fuel pump.... so aggervating she is a great motor just some thing minor keepin me out of the water i love so much, fuel pump is relativley easy to change as well as cylenoid but dong have the money to guess and check, any info would be greatly appreciated thanx, steve

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: 81 johnson seahorse 90 hp battery issue?

If you have been running it without a battery you are going to need a new rectifier too.

Fed

Commander

If you have been running it without a battery you are going to need a new rectifier too.
Why is that bhile, I hear it all the time but it just doesn't make sense to me?

boobie

Supreme Mariner

If you run a charging system with no battery the voltage has no place to go that the charge system builds and will fry it's components.

Fed

Commander

That doesn't do it for me boobie but we better not highjack dolphins thread.

sbdolphin44

Recruit

I just replaced a power pack after switching sides and found spark replaced it with a new one and no spark on left side pulled both plugs and nothing help please i was going to fish a tournament please help guys

sbdolphin44

Recruit

ok rediagnosis, ..... i pulled plug on the bottom of both sides and it died, onlly bottom side of v 4 is running after replacing power pack...... what the f... is going on there i dont get it