Anybody have a Ford with a 4.6, vacuum line question

sublauxation

Lieutenant
I have an 04 Expedition with the 4.6. Been having some brake problems. On the master cylinder there's a vacuum line clipped to the front brake hose. The line wraps around the front of the master cylinder and ends there, appears to be broken. I can't find where it goes.

I've been to every Ford dealer in the area and nobody has anything with the 4.6 for me to look at and their parts and service departments can't find anything about it.

IF anybody has one I'd appreciate taking a peek and letting me know where it goes. They tell me the F150's should be the same, possibly through 2006.

Thanks much, any help is appreciated.

puddle jumper

Captain
Re: Anybody have a Ford with a 4.6, vacuum line question

It may be a vacume release hose for the 4x4 hubs. Fallow the hose back to were it comes from. If it goes down to the front axels thats what it probley is.

sublauxation

Lieutenant

Traced it back and you're right, that's what it is. Now still wondering if it's supposed to be attached at the top to something or if it's supposed to be left open as it is now.

puddle jumper

Captain

Just left opean.There should be one on both sides.

sublauxation

Lieutenant

Just left opean.There should be one on both sides.

Thanks! the Ford dealership had no clue what I was talking about. I was doing some work so you never know if you break a line, and it was hard to tell if this one was broken off or if it was supposed to be that way.

puddle jumper

Captain

The first time I ran into this I was also thinking what the heck.