Help please

I just came across an old sangster boat that has an 40 horse evenrude called a big twinn.
the year is 1969
tried to get it going today but could not get fuel to pistons.
I have got a new tank new line, i have fuel from the gas line to the filter and i have fuel from the filter to the carb.
i also checked out the float bowl and there was fuel in it when i pulled the float bowl bolt out.
it turns over great when i take the spark plugs out and put some mixed gas in the pistons it fires up right away for 2 to 3 seconds.
it just does not seem to be going from some part of the carb to the intake .
any help would be greatful.
Gord maple ridge

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Help please

Welcome to iboats.

You answered your own question, you have gas to the carbs and spark in the cylinders so the only thing left is the carbs are dirty and need cleaned.

Do them one at a time being sure to pull all jets and clean all the passages and blow them out, air in a can works well if you don't have a compressor.

If this is your first time you may want to take a pic of your linkage before you remove it so you can get it back on right.

But I am pretty sure that is you problem and now would be a good time to change all you gas line including the bit under the hood adn get an inline filter on it to save you from future problems.