Removing Stern Light from the rod rack on a 2008 Trophy 1903 Center ConsolI

Salty Captain

Recruit
I recently bought a 2008 Trophy 1903 and the stern light is stored in the upper rod rack on the starboard side. I appears to be too long to remove from the rack without bending and damaging the tube on which the light sits. Am I missing something? Any solutions appreciated.

apache61

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Removing Stern Light from the rod rack on a 2008 Trophy 1903 Center ConsolI

I have a 1900FG the light has to be taller than anything mounted on the boat like t-tops Bimini covers or what ever. Mine stows in the same spot, the pole is aluminum and bows easy and comes out with a small amount of moving around. Kind of a pain but it works.

jakenjulie

Cadet
Re: Removing Stern Light from the rod rack on a 2008 Trophy 1903 Center ConsolI

We have the same boat (2000 model) and had the same situation. The light pole was bent pretty badly when we bought the boat and didn't work either so I replaced it with a telescoping pole which I store in one of the forward lockers. I also replaced the socket which was broken. Both assemblies came from Walmart (I think they are Attwood) and work fine. I bought the socket that fits the same three holes that the original one had. However, the one I bought only had two wires so it does not come on with the courtesy lights like the three-wire original:facepalm:. There might be a way to wire that like the original, though.

Jake