evenrude e-tec 50 hp lemon {17 HOURS RUN TIME}

pistolriver

Recruit
This motor is a 2005 on a 20' Bayrunner. was delivered from Klamath boat works in CA. with motor installed, towed to Oregon City Marine. They did the rigging check and river test. Two months later ran the boat for twenty miles, not a glitch. Towed it 320 miles to it's beach and bay home it sat in the garage for six months. The first time going out of the marina OIL LIGHT ALARM GOES OFF!! Engine goes to SAFE. Tow 320 miles to OC marine. They say oil system needed to be purged of air bubbles, OK. Tow 320 miles. Boat sits in garage six months, Next time out same thing. I tow this thing another 90 miles to the nearest dealer and they do the same thing. Any way this motor has been back to the dealer fours years in a row for the same problem. The last straw was I get it back dump my crab pots and start to make a run to the fishing grounds 3500 rpm--4000 rpm, blaa it quits running,NO LIGHTS NO HORN NOTHING! Back to Y-Marina 90 miles, wait to here from them for month. Call them and they say fuel pump. $1000.00. I tell them NO I will pick it up in three days. I go to pay the diognostic charge I get hit with with a bill over $700.00. I get billed for an oil pump install. Blood starts shooting from my eyes. {What for what I scream}. I pay the bill and I still have a Great Boat. But A PIECE OF CRAP MOTOR!!!! I even talked to the Evenrud DISTIRCT REP he said they are drawing a LINE IN THE SAND. They wont help at all. I need you all to forward this to BRP

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral
Re: evenrude e-tec 50 hp lemon {17 HOURS RUN TIME}

No.
You are a first time poster with an axe to grind. I'm sorry for your motor problems, but joining up just to vent and slam BRP is just bad form. That is a 6 year old motor that is well out of warranty, and nobody out here in internet world knows its maintenance history or what the problem really is.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

There had to be a good reason the Evinrude Rep "drew the line in the sand". Are you telling all????? One other thing, did you winterize/summerize the mtr before letting it sit those months???

wifisher

Chief Petty Officer

There had to be a good reason the Evinrude Rep "drew the line in the sand". Are you telling all?????

Being six years old is plenty of reason to not warranty it. Doesn't matter how many hours are on it.

If you don't like it, just go trade it in on a new motor.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

Your attitude I'm sure didn't engender much sympathy. Sell the motor and buy another brand.