GREAT IDEA?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: GREAT IDEA?

If you are stuck with a permanent installation, it does seem like a neat idea.<br /><br />Mine is a lot cheaper. . .I take the hitch out of the receiver when it isn't hitched to a trailer. :)

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

I leave mine in because it has been known to remove the front end of Acura's that don't stop in time :D <br /><br />Plus, I use it to help get in my truck as it sits up kinda high.<br /><br />neat idea, but not for me.

bobingardner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'd love to take mine out but it's rusted in place. I've never banged my shin on it but I have backed into several concrete barriers so I don't think the polymer (plastic) construction would last long.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Smells like spam to me...Are you sure your not affiliated with the seller roadster. Your both from R.I.? :confused:

Mikevn1500

Petty Officer 3rd Class

KELTONKREW, Heard that about the Acura. Been there done that. 96 Chevy W/T $495.00 damage :eek: - 2003 Mustang GT Totaled. :D 19 year old kid just bought it.Rear ended me at a stoplight.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I've been known to hang one of the neighbors dead dogs on the hitch. It saves the shins quite well, and seems to work as a theft deterant too.<br /><br />After it rots away and falls off, I just run over another one and tie it on.

ZmOz

Captain

Yep...I was riding in a blazer when it whacked the back end of a chevy pickup with a big hitch. Blazer needed a new bumper and grille, pickup didn't even know it happened. :D

11 footer

Lieutenant

Looks ungly to me, but its a good idea, I guess.<br /><br />If we had one of those on our truck it would have gotten broken at least three times in the last year.<br /><br />We take the receaver out most of the time when its not in use, but latley we've been getting lazy and leaving it in,some guy ran into the back of it at a stoplight, the bumer on his little toyota for stuck on the hitch, we had to take it out to free him up.

dansoph

Petty Officer 3rd Class

keltonkrew i got a big kick out of your idea. being a life time union member, i thought the acura destruction a great idea. i've always removed my reciever but now am leaning towards keeping it in for a while

dansoph

Petty Officer 3rd Class

as an a side, i know that some non american cars are made in america. but lets face it. where does the money go.