Ford Parts

dakine

Seaman
Been hanging out on skiing forums but now it is spring and I'm back to boats.

Looking for some of the great advice I have gotten on iboats in the past.

I have a 95 4 Winns Sundowner 225 with a Ford 351 Windsor EFI.
I'm replacing some suspect parts on the engine as part of my reliability program.
Just finished replacing the low and high pressure fuel pumps.
Now, I want to replace the distributor cap and rotor.
Also want to get a spare fuel pressure regulator.
The problem, well check this out...

Distributor
http://www.volvopentastore.com/Dist...*****.754578079--store_id.366--view_id.782715
Note that the parts are described incorrectly and there are no part numbers.

Fuel Pressure Regulator
http://www.volvopentastore.com/Fuel...*****.754578079--store_id.366--view_id.782707
Note there is no part number for the regulator.

I'm pretty sure the cap and rotor from a 78-96 Ford Bronco with the 351W will fit.
Should I be worried that this is not a 'Marine " part?
I'm still researching the regulator to see if this unit was used on any Ford vehicle.

As an old time hot rodder I think the 351W is one of the best small blocks ever built due to its oiling system that is bulletproof. I do restorations of old vehicles and can usually make or cobble my way around most problems but prefer stock parts.

Any help on how to get the correct pieces would be appreciated.

Re: Ford Parts

Ive got the 5.0 ford and have had similar issues. I have looked over the differences in some of the automotive parts, including the cap and rotor and could find absolutely no difference between them except that one was available for about 1/3 the price and the other(marine)was not available at all. There are some parts that are definately marine specific but others not so. I even bought those fuel pumps you mentioned from the local auto part store for $86, they even had the word marine written on them as well as the volvo penta part number.