will optimax controls (quicksilver 3000) fit my yamaha 130hp ???

gordymac

Recruit
hi there
just got a new well 2005 yamaha 130 v4 for my boat it came with no controls however i had my old quicksilver 3000 top mount from my old mercury 150 optimax but when i opened up the controler it is just set for 2 cylinder type things just the same as they are on the engine end of the optimax now the yamaha control cables is just a small notch in the cable ends is there any way of getting an adapter kit or anything for this quicksilver control? if not i priced a good deal at solent yamaha in the uk for a 704 top mount with the trim and tilt button for ?148. any help would be great ......... also came with no battery cables dont have a clue where the positive goes as it looks like theres 3 solinoids and i beleive the negative just bolts to starter ???? any help on this matter wouid be great also if anyone couid email me a pic of how battery cables go wouid be lurvly gordymaclean@yahoo.co.uk :facepalm: many thanks yawl

cr2k

Captain
Re: will optimax controls (quicksilver 3000) fit my yamaha 130hp ???

No. Even if you tried to adapt it it would be far more trouble and expense then getting the right unit. MC and YAM use different throws for the control cables.