Macerator

Dump

Cadet
I have a Jabsco (Model 18590) macerator that is no longer working. Looking at the reviews on the West Marine website the Jabsco macerator does not receive good reviews for durability. Can anyone suggegst a macerator brand that I could replace my non-function Jacsco with?<br />Thanks.

Ryoken

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Macerator

well, we put lots of Jabsco's in and they seem to hold up fairly well.. but there are other brands, Sureflo, Johnson and i hear good things about Oberdorfer..<br /><br /> http://www.oberdorfer-pumps.com/

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Jabsco,<br /><br />Finest unit made. Made in the USA, by mexicans, with parts from china.<br /><br />Try a Sureflo, good company, they stand behind their stuff. Oh, yea the more people buy the better my profit sharing. :D

18rabbit

Captain

ITT (Jabsco) macerator pumps have parts readily available most everywhere. Unless the motor is fried, you can replace any part. The motor can be replaced too but it’s not worth it…in that case buy a new pump. Lots of good macerators out there but other than Jabsco, Shuflo for parts availability. Macerators need regular maintenance. This is one item you want to get before it gets you.<br /><br />The 18590 is very serviceable. You may not need a new one. What is wrong…what is it doing or not doing?