Gale Products GG8837A

jlinnborn

Cadet
Hello, I recently picked up a Gale GG8837A, can anyone please tell me what year this motor is? As a double bonus, a part number for an impeller? This is my first time ever using a forum so I am keeping my fingers crossed as I have no other resources. ANy advise for replacing the impeller would also be hugely appreciated.

Thanks You,
John

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Gale Products GG8837A

That model number belongs to a 1960 Montgomery Ward Sea King 35hp, made by Gale Products. It is a Gale model 35DE13. The water pump impeller is part number 375808, changed to 378891 (Sierra 18-3006 here at iboats). It is the same water pump as used on 1957 Evinrude and Johnson 35hp motors, as well as their 33hp motors from the 1960's era.

Remove the oval plate from the side of the leg, remove one of the screws from the shift rod connector, Remove the six small bolts holding the lower unit on , and the one big one at the rear. The lower unit will come off and the water pump will be looking at you.

Last edited:

jlinnborn

Cadet

Thanks-a-million Supreme Mariner! Your quick and information-packed reply gives me confidence in getting this motor up and running!

JL

tara_two

Recruit

Good Info & advise... & don't lose that little stainless steel screw from the shift-rod,it will be a beech to find it in the dark,under the bend & more incovenient to source another

I've got tune-up specs if you need them for your Gale - went forever some of those models.

goodluck