2000 Evinrude Ficht has no power

Kawartha

Recruit
I am hoping someone can give me some help on an electrical problem. My engine has no power. The power trim switch on the engine and on the boat has no response. There is no electricity when I turn the ignition switch either. There are no lights on the panel and the engine will not start. There is absolutely no sound. I have checked all the fuses and they are good. There is 13.4V of electricity going into the motor. Howerver, I did test the voltage on the other side of this round thing that the main power from the battery is connected to and it has no voltage at all. I am wondering what that black round thing is and if it is the causes of my troubles. Any help is much appreciated.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2000 Evinrude Ficht has no power

It sounds like your talking about the 70 amp relay and it could be bad. Try replacing it.

x-tech

Recruit
Re: 2000 Evinrude Ficht has no power

I am hoping someone can give me some help on an electrical problem. My engine has no power. The power trim switch on the engine and on the boat has no response. There is no electricity when I turn the ignition switch either. There are no lights on the panel and the engine will not start. There is absolutely no sound. I have checked all the fuses and they are good. There is 13.4V of electricity going into the motor. Howerver, I did test the voltage on the other side of this round thing that the main power from the battery is connected to and it has no voltage at all. I am wondering what that black round thing is and if it is the causes of my troubles. Any help is much appreciated.

The round thing is the starter solenoid, and it isn't supposed to have power on the other side unless you have the starter running. There is one fuse not with the other fuses, but still in the box. So look around and make sure it is good. If so, you probably have a bad connection going into the fuse panel. Look for a 4 wire plug with rather large (10 gauge) wires, and unplug it. See if there is corrosion there. If so clean it and the terminals and apply dielectric grease once it is clean. Plug it back in and check for power. You could also have a main relay bad, but that doesn't give power to the tilt/trim circuit. Good luck!