Electronic Issue!!! 1997 Four Winns Sundowner

Copper294

Recruit
Hello E1,

I'm a novice when it comes to working on boats...so any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I have nothing happening when I turn the ignition....I noticed that my kill switch cable was still connected but I looked under the lever and it had disconnected from the wires..So I reconnected. I don't know if I connected in the right spot. I also looked at my fuse box and where I thought an ignition wire(10 amp) would be connected there wasn't one connected to the box. I noticed several fuses missing and replaced them, but what I need to know...where can I get schematic's for the wiring on my boat. I don't know what wires connect to my ignition...if the ignition connects to the fuse box...or what wires are supposed to connect to my kill switch and lever for neutral.

To sum this up...I had my upholstry re-done last year and nothing was reconnected. Normally I would take it back..but it has been over 8 months and i don't trust them to fix it right.

Thanks again in advance.

Glastron_V210

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Electronic Issue!!! 1997 Four Winns Sundowner

Are you in neutral?

It seems silly I know, but I almost stranded myself on the beach until I figured out what a bonehead I was.

Chay

castaic piper

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Electronic Issue!!! 1997 Four Winns Sundowner

I had the same issue with the same thing. 97 sundowner. Try while in nutral tapping the controls twards reverse, dont squeeze the handle to see if that works. Mine turns out that slop in the controls would not pull the cable all the way back also caused high idle rpm with the engine while in neutral