Trim tabs adjustable or fixed?

Mariah180

Cadet
My 18' Mariah could benifit from some trim tabs to from bouncing up and down with the waves. As well as better take off and staying on plane at lower speed.

Mt question is: With adjustable trim tabs like Bennett do you really adjust them very much during your day out?

I am not looking for anything over 40mph and 95% of the time the boat will be just cruising at speeds around 27-35mph for max fuel savings and comfort. 4% of the time we will be pulling a tube or wakeboard and very few times will we be in a hurry enough to worry about adjusting trim for peak speeds.

Steve91T

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Trim tabs adjustable or fixed?

Smart tabs. I'm getting ready to instal a pair of SX's on my 20ft Mariah Z202. I have the same issue, as soon as I start trimming up, I get a lot of bouncing. And I fall off plain at 20 MPH. From what I've read on the Mariah forums, Smart Tabs really work well.

Steve

iconracing

Cadet

X2 smart tabs are badass they are gas shocks that adjust themselves. they can be fitted to about any boat

wbc1957

Petty Officer 1st Class

I too have SX Smart Tabs, BUT I have read over and over again about the value of Bennett Tabs and other adjustable tabs. The benefits of correcting for leaning issues, weight issues, and water current/tide issues. So please wait and read all the input that should arrive on this thread over the next few hours....