oil control module

rayoo

Recruit
please help with 95 mariner<br />when turning key on start-up buzzer sounds <br />after about 30 seconds of running buzzer returns<br /><br />i x-changed the black oil module with the other motor and still get the buzzer<br /><br />x-changed low oil sensors and checked output of oil pump any other suggestions???<br />Can i just remove my injection and pre-mix ??

Trent

Captain
Re: oil control module

Make sure your float in the oil tank is not sticking.. Unplug the wires going into the oil tank and see if the horn stops. Sticking floats are a common problem.

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class

Are you sure it is an oil problem? If the water pump gets glogged and you have little to no presure that can make the horn go off also. Could be your thermostats in your engine are stuck. <br />I foregot to turn my fuel switch on and the horn started sounding until I turned the switch on and the engine received fuel pressure.<br />That horn covers a couple of things.

rayoo

Recruit

trent <br />Found out the horn stops when i unplugged the blue/white wire wich goes to a magnetic switch on top of the oil pump i exchanged with the other motor but still alarms<br />what does the switch monitor?? <br /><br /><br />Also Ranger, I run my motors without thermostats but dont i get different beebs or sounds for high temp???

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good question about the different sounds. Never heard any but one. It either beeps or not.<br /><br />Sounds like you got a bad sender switch in your oil tank. I would take it out and give it a good cleaning.

Pursuit2150

Chief Petty Officer

If you have disconnected the oil line from the oil tank to the engine, check the primer bulb.

ODDD1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Mariners, that magnetic switch on the top of the oil pump counts the number of revolutions the oil pump drive shaft makes, and compares it to an ignition signal [usually #4 cyl].....one revolution, one spark pulse to a coil.....if a difference between the 2 shows up, the oil control box gives a beep-beep sound [overheats give a continuous tone]....so, what is broken? #1 if the oil gear on crankshaft is failing, the pump shaft will 'skip'and you will get an intermittent alarm. this will get progressively worse. #2 if the ignition signal is failing, it will alarm the same way...it could be a bad switch box...seeing as you checked output of pump and alarm stopped with sensor unhooked, I would look at the ignition...that motor been down a little on power?

Trent

Captain

Good explanation ODDD1..<br /><br />Mariners135 why are you running without thermostats..? Thats really not a good thing to do.

rayoo

Recruit

odd1 <br /> thanks for the info and you are right about being low on power power. <br />When you mentioned the switch box, would that be inside the solid state control module box and retard the timing ??<br /><br />trent, also thanks for the input <br />The reason I run without thermostats is, down here in the florida keyes water temp in the summer gets high 80's. Keeping the boat in a canal the salinity is outrageous and I was going thru a set every six months.They were always sticking and corroding.