Johnson Seahorse FD-20 C Shift Shaft Connector?

wvyen

Seaman Apprentice
hello all,

I am looking to replace what i believe is called "shift shaft connector." on the right side of my lower unit is a small oval shaped cover that has fallen off and inside i can see two rods that are not connected and i am unable to shift gears. I was told that a small brass piece has broken that conncects the two rods and that i can replace it.

Can anyone help me with my search? Maybe tell my what the part is and possibly where to get it?

Thanks

Benny

samo_ott

Vice Admiral
Re: Johnson Seahorse FD-20 C Shift Shaft Connector?

It is called the shift rod connector. P/N 303794. But where did it go? If it fell inside you only need to drop the lower unit to get it out. 5 bolts. It is common part to many different engines.

Attachments

• shifter connector.jpg
    shifter connector.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 0

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

btw, I have the parts manual for the fd-20. If you want it, PM me your email address and model #. And welcome to the forum.

wvyen

Seaman Apprentice

Wow! thanks for all the replies!

I did find the parts manual for my outboard with is going to help a lot, so thanks for the offer.

I went down and took some pictures. It appears that #303794 is there, but missing a screw? Can anyone advise how to post the pics or PM them? I selected "insert image" but it is asking for a url?

HM2107

Seaman

btw, I have the parts manual for the fd-20. If you want it, PM me your email address and model #. And welcome to the forum.
Hey samo do you reckon you could send me the manual, I have a 1966 or 68 Johnson Super Sea-Horse Model- RK28 - B
Thanks