'99 F100 fuel issues?

SeaDouble

Cadet
Hi guys, I have a '99 F100 that sat for a little over a year with gas in it before I recently bought it. I changed the oil, thermostat, and water pump, siphoned the old gas and changed the 10 micron h20 separator filter, then filled with 89 octane and a can of seafoam. Took her out this morning, and she was running great at low and high rpms, but a little rough in the middle. I ran her for about 10 minutes at 4000 rpm and we were cruising along nicely when all of a sudden she bogged down & I stopped. From there she didn't want to go past about 1800 rpm, any higher and she would start to miss out & sputter.

So I know I should clean the carbs & replace the filter in the engine as first points of attack, but I'm worried about it and can't do anything until tomorrow. Does it sound more like a clogged filter, dirty carbs, all of the above, or something else? I'm really hopeful that it's not serious.

I should add that the engine still runs very smooth at idle, and up to about 1800 rpm, which makes me hopeful that I did not blow a piston or anything too serious. Am I being overly optimistic?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Re: '99 F100 fuel issues?

Sounds like you need a carb overhaul. I would not try to do this yourself, I would take it to a reputable place of your choice...the carbs probably need to be balanced.