Impellor replacement for johnson 10-2-228-1

I am trying to find a Impellor replacement for a Johnson raw water pump on the cover # is 10-2-228-1 but theres no place i can find such # on any site to replace it is on a bay liner 86 model 305 Volvo pents 275 it has the 2 tubes that is crank mount when i took cover off to remove impellor the # says 1027 thats it not 1027b just 1027 it has 12 fins on it well did only 2 left..lol. but i notice that it is off set being that the top fins were closer then the bottom fins so was thinking maybe previous owner went with 1027 for lack of being able to locate item ?can any one help with this have they changed to a 1027b and is it suppose to be short spiral or not thanks ...true blue duke Fan....

captmello

Captain
Re: Impellor replacement for johnson 10-2-228-1

When I shop impellers, I look at the engine model and order it. I'm not familiar with johnson pumps. But I would recommend looking in your thermostat housing for the broken off impeller parts. Those broken pieces can cause overheating as the worst times...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The Johnson pump is an aftermarket replacement pump, and your not going to find it in any of the normal Volvo information. Volvo only uses the Jabsco pumps.
I do know that NAPA used to sell the Johnson pump, might want to give them a call.

ok thanks after re checking part # i made a mistake it 10-24288-1 but still no luck finding..lol so guess ill head to napa and see ,,Johnson pumps don't even list it....between finding hose and new 350 engine and re doing floor seats and side panels,new battery, new starter. i see this is a job and a half to take care of ,,Boy am i going to be picky about riders,,,LoL:D