Key Switch Replacement....Wire Placement Confusion

Snowfish

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm having a though time figuring out what wire goes where. I thought this was going to be a slam dunk, but not so.:facepalm:

The Sierra Switch has a slightly different layout and lettering.

Here's the old switch schematic made by me.
SwitchOld.jpg

And here's from the Sierra Switch.
SwitchSierra.jpg

If I knew what each of the wires did, I probably could figure it out. Without blowing more fuses!:eek:

Help with the color codes and/or advise would be greatly appreciated.

I have searched, but can't find the right set up. Thanks.

Sixmark

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Key Switch Replacement....Wire Placement Confusion

Yello w/Red = Solenoid

Purple w/White stripe = Choke

Red w/Purple = Battery

2 Purple = Ignition

Black w/Yellow = Magneto

Black = Ground

Snowfish

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Chief!

Snowfish

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks to you Sixmark, and the Forum, it took a whole 5 minutes to get the wiring corrected!

Huge Help! Thanks!

MuzP

Recruit

Hello all,I just signed up.... I have a slight delimna, my key switch came apart this weekend (plastic wore out) , now I have it taped up, and am in need of getting a new switch. I'm not sure what I should purchase, as I've been checking out the fourms, but my switch has 7 wires so I'll also need some professional advice. The following colors that I have are Pink-battery indicator, Yellow w/red stripe-nutural safety, Black-ground, Red-power, Y.ellow w/black stripe-?, Black w/yellow stripe-?, Purple-?. Any help and reccomendations would be greatly apprecieated. Thanks

Sixmark

Hello all,I just signed up.... I have a slight delimna, my key switch came apart this weekend (plastic wore out) , now I have it taped up, and am in need of getting a new switch. I'm not sure what I should purchase, as I've been checking out the fourms, but my switch has 7 wires so I'll also need some professional advice. The following colors that I have are Pink-battery indicator, Yellow w/red stripe-nutural safety, Black-ground, Red-power, Y.ellow w/black stripe-?, Black w/yellow stripe-?, Purple-?. Any help and reccomendations would be greatly apprecieated. Thanks

Well you can start by posting a new thread in the appropriate manufacturers section and give some details like what Manufacturer, model , etc.

Sixmark

Thanks to you Sixmark, and the Forum, it took a whole 5 minutes to get the wiring corrected!

Huge Help! Thanks!

You are very welcome, and thanks for letting us know everything worked out. Maybe I'll see you up on the Whitefish Chain north of your place this summer

Snowfish

Petty Officer 1st Class

Maybe I'll see you up on the Whitefish Chain north of your place this summer

If you see a mustard color 18ft StarCraft Bow Rider (avatar) it's probably me. Have yet to see one in our area. "Gus" is on the stern.

I launch on the Whitefish chain about 3-4 times a year for a change of scenery. (I'm usually on Gull chain) Pull over and say hi. I'll probably have a beverage to share.