what year is my chrysler 35hp outboard?

Hi everybody, I hope somebody can help me find out the year of my engine. It has lived in my Dads garage for the past 12 years or so and I have taken it with the idea of fixing it up and doing some serious fishing in the warming English summer months off the Devon coast. The engine's model number is 355HC and the serial number is 2073, I can find some engine numbers that are 355HH but nothing to match the HC bit nor the serial numbers. I hope somebody is far wiser than me. Thanks in advance

Re: what year is my chrysler 35hp outboard?

Thanks very much, i found out what i needed to know. The flywheel is completely stuck so I have started to remove the cylinder head and will inspect the pistons to see if it is a viable venture. If so, any advice on freeing it? Ive tried flywheel pullers but only the kind with jaws as i cant find any of the other sort and dont want to damage it with a big smacking from a hammer. Then I guess its some heat from a blow torch, after that im out of ideas. Once again, thanks for your help. Chris

fucawi

Banned

NO heat you will bugger the magnets ...you need to use the three threaded holes in the top through a plate (with matching holes) ..loosen central nut so its level with the top of the thread and put loads of even tension on the three bolts ..if it dont move a wack with a big hammer on the area above the central nut and it should jump off

wickware

Lieutenant

A homemade universal puller that works. Some Auto stores will loan Harmonic Balance Pullers.
jow

Attachments

• Boat 70 Chrysler 35 HP Flywheel Puller 2.jpg
    Boat 70 Chrysler 35 HP Flywheel Puller 2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Boat 70 Chrysler 35 HP Flywheel Puller.jpg
    Boat 70 Chrysler 35 HP Flywheel Puller.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Harmonic Balance Puller.jpg
    Harmonic Balance Puller.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 0