SW Ohio Lake Conditions

bthessel

Cadet

HollieMac

Seaman Apprentice
Re: SW Ohio Lake Conditions

Thanks for the info--I just came from Paint Creek Sunday--it is closed and they got more pounding rain Sunday night. Rocky Fork was open and looked clean.

bthessel

Cadet

Saw today that all but the one north ramp is open now on EastFork. Just in time for the holiday weekend. Weather is looking good. Anyone know if the water is warm enough to swim?

HollieMac

Seaman Apprentice

Does East Fork get alot of big boat traffic or is it possible to get a good ski run? We're moving down that way and I wondered if it was as choppy as what Rocky Fork is or if it has more wind protection. I appreciate any info you care to offer

bthessel

Cadet

Does East Fork get alot of big boat traffic or is it possible to get a good ski run? We're moving down that way and I wondered if it was as choppy as what Rocky Fork is or if it has more wind protection. I appreciate any info you care to offer

East Fork does not see a lot of big boat traffic. It has 3 sections that are open water with pretty big no wake areas separating them. You can Ski and tube most weekends and it is not too crowded at all.

bthessel

Cadet

East Fork was decent today. We got there about 11:00 am and it was pretty empty yet. The wind was blowing pretty steadily which made getting away from the ramp interesting for some. They don't have all the no wake buoys back out yet but the ranger was keeping people in check around the ramp area. The water is muddy a bit still and cold, the kids jumped in for a few minutes still though. :).

Now for a rant- If you want to play with your dogs in the water do it somewhere other than the ramp and docks, I am not responsible if my boat runs over your dog that you were throwing toys to off the end of the dock. If you are fishing with your kids use the shore, there are miles of it, don't give boaters dirty looks when they run over your lines. If you are a kayaker and are there with 6 others the ramp is not the place to stand around discussing what you had for breakfast, get your boats in or out of the water and get out of the way, it is a holiday weekend and there is a line of trailers waiting.

HollieMac

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you much for the update on Eastr Fork. I'm headed there next week.

We can all relate to that, unfortunately those peeps aren't on the forum. It's too bad the watercraft officers would rather make sure we have our lettering on right than keep the peeps and dogs off the ramps. But as someone who once had the hitch and all pull right out from under the car, leaving the bumper, back end of the car, and trailered boat hanging on the ramp, I ain't always been perfect :)
So I just smile as BIG as I can to everybody and be glad I got a boat to get away on.