70hp 2 stroke broken

noonie

Recruit
I have a 70hp 2 stroke oil injector clogged up and broke piston and rod. I need a motor for parts any help?

199675hpforce

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 70hp 2 stroke broken

Serious you had oil injection failure? What oil was being used at time. Yamaha is considered bullet proof and never fails

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Serious you had oil injection failure? What oil was being used at time. Yamaha is considered bullet proof and never fails

All motors need preventative maintenance like draining/cleaning water/sludge from tanks and lines changing filters if there are any and checking check valves and lines

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade

If it is a YAMAHA and you have a bad rod, the motor is scrap. Once you open it up you will see what I mean. One piece connecting rod.
Hope that was a joke about about them being bullet proof. I have 2 and have become very disillusioned with them. Occasionally turn a wrench on OMC, MERC and VOLVO out drives. Not much of a problem. For some reason ( alloy perhaps ) YAMAHA bolts are prone to break off. regards FRED

199675hpforce

Petty Officer 1st Class
Rodbolt17 who is the master guru of Yamaha's states oil injection almost never fails

Rodbolt17 who is the master guru of Yamaha's states oil injection almost never fails

Infact he has never seen on fail