2000 Hurricane fundeck 21 ft. with a 2001 115 hp txry bilge problems.

aprilealp

Recruit
I have a 2000 Hurricane 201 Fundeck with a Yamaha 115txry. We have been slowly redoing a lot of the little crappy things that eventually happen in saltwater. I am a do-it-yourselfer and very much enjoy working on the boat. I have replaced and rewired most of the electric, spark plugs, air/fuel filter, sterio, speakers, etc... We are fairly new to boating and all that goes with it. I have a few questions that are really bugging me.
1. I so need some kind of manual or plan of the lower inside of the hull area. Any idea as to where to get one or see one online?

2. I don't know how to use the live well. Do I just turn it on and it is suppose to fill up. Do I leave the pvc tube that sticks up in the middle of the live well in when filling and remove to empty it?

3. The bilge is broken. I can see it and replaced the electric to it as far as I can get to, but the access to the area is horrible. 2 small openings, and I can not reach the bilge pump too easily. Other than leaving the old one and trying to rewire a ne one right next to it, are there any other suggestions? Also, since we can not get out the old one yet, what kind of bilge would you recommend. Automatic, float or what? We do have a switch on the panel to turn it on and off.

Thanks for any help I can get. I am sure I will be posting again

Aprile (yes I am a girl)

aprilealp

Recruit
Re: 2000 Hurricane fundeck 21 ft. with a 2001 115 hp txry bilge problems.

Ok, my husband and I are going to the boat today to try and figure it out again. ANY help or words of wisdom appreciated. :)

sunonrox

Cadet

Hi Aprile, our bilge crapped out last year. I took a look at replacing it and, as you said, the access is next to impossible. It was late fall so I figured I?d look at it again next year. Well next year is coming up fast and I?m dreading this replacement job. Did you have any luck with yours, and do you have any tips!:confused:

Geko45

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Two year old thread?

sunonrox

Cadet

Does it being an old thread make the question less valid? It wasn’t answered the first time.

Jeep Man

Commander

Does it being an old thread make the question less valid? It wasn’t answered the first time.

Bottom line, old threads should only be re-opened by the original poster.

sunonrox

Cadet

OK. I will start anew!
Thanks.

aprilealp

Recruit

Bottom line, old threads should only be re-opened by the original poster.

Yes we replaced the bilge....very very difficult access. Scared the crap out of me with the wiring. Had to heat shrink those little dohickies wire covers. It
Was bee close to the gas tank. I think the next time, it would be worth having it done for 100.00 by someone else . The access Was unbearable and just made the job 2 plus hours,
And much bruising. You had to be a contortionist. :)