First Timer !!

fornevets

Cadet
Hey everyone,
This is going to be my first time taking a marine carb. apart, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a link that would give full illustrated directions, other than a manual. My boat is an evinrude 15 hp 1979. MODEL#15904E Any input is greatly appreciated. Also this might sound off, but is there a way to check the gas/oil mixture in my tank, to see if it is proper. Or is there a technique to even them out somehow. Thanks to all who read this.

Sixmark

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: First Timer !!

You can search the forum here and see if anyone has posted a thread regarding your carb, a manual is the best way to go, if you don't want to buy one then you can always go to the library and get the procedure out of there.

Checking the mixture is something you don't want to tackle unless you want to get into chemical analysis, if you are unsure of the current mixture then get rid of it and start over.

Sixmark

Master Chief Petty Officer

:edit posted to wrong thread

Last edited:

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade

There easy. I was worried at my first rebuild of the 25hp 1968 or 70 model. I hae done the ones in my 1981 which are the same as the 25 hp and prolly yours as well. I also have done the ones on my 150 hp gt. The ones on the others are so easy and i hae done them so many times i can do it in my sleep. Just read here and get a manual if you dont have one. Figure out how to set the float and just pay attention to the dissasembly, there not hard tear into it! Worst you cant do it and have to take it to a boat mecanic and they can figure it out with the parts as there basic! Well i have to say that i did not take the lead shot and the punch plates out just blew the passages out and soaked or just blew them out, they were not really bad and most dont do those anyway.

Art Bernard

Banned

I'll only add that when you do it, get you a nice white piece of paper to set the parts out on, makes it easer to find stuff when reassembling.

Art