One year ago today.....

Snobike Mike

Petty Officer 1st Class
We splashed the boat in Georgian Bay (hey that rhymes....). The water temp was 61-66F in the deep and late afternoon it was 71F in the shallow.

According to the gov website today at the southern bouy the water temp is around 37F. Of course it's also been raining almost as much as during the Great Flood.

Boat is still mothballed.......

MolsonCanadian

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: One year ago today.....

I too was in the water last year in Georgian Bay. Alas the boat still sits in the driveway. The Griffon (coast guard) was in today, presumably setting buoys.

Art Bernard

Banned

hehe, nothing aginst you northern guys, but no way would I live with the weather you guys put up with. Down here on the "redneck Riviera" (Panama City Florida) the weather is fairly mild all year long except for the occasional hurricane that bumbles through. The boating season is long and evan in the winter isn't so cold that you can't go out and go fishing with the right clothes on. I reiterate, I love living in Florida:) Though I will say, you guys have some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen up there.

Art

CVX20SPRINT

Petty Officer 1st Class

Actually the seasons make for a nice change of pace.You just need different toys for them.I'm pretty heavy into snowmobiling and atv'n.And the other good thing is that the first boat or motorcyle ride of the year feels as good as the first time you ever did it.

Chevyboy454

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Though I will say, you guys have some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen up there.

Actually the seasons make for a nice change of pace.You just need different toys for them.I'm pretty heavy into snowmobiling and atv'n.And the other good thing is that the first boat or motorcyle ride of the year feels as good as the first time you ever did it.

AMEN to both of those statements! However I didn't mind B.C. for the short time we were there It's just as nice without the cold, down side is it rains a lot there. I'm not much into sleddin any more so less snow is more to my liking :)

Rick.

Snobike Mike

Petty Officer 1st Class

I took the boat home the past Sunday after unwrapping it and actually fired it up in the driveway.

Everything seems in order. Was a teeny bit nervous as I had winterized it myself this past winter and was "quite" confident I wouldn't have freeze damage but you never know until you fire it up again.

Now I have to clean it up before our first splash of the year on Fathers Day.

Yipee!!!!!

Chevyboy454

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Good for you man, Hope all goes well Fathers day for you!

Have fun eh!
Rick.

Snobike Mike

Petty Officer 1st Class

So we actually made it out and took my parents as a Fathers Day treat for my dad (and for me of course).

Water was nice and around Beausoleil it was 71 degrees which is pretty good for Georgian Bay.

Now they need to fix a laundry list of problems but I'll start another thread for that......

MolsonCanadian

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was up in Chimney Bay Thurs - Sat. Great weekend to be out boating! I'm liking the changes they did at Cedar Springs, and the new camp platforms and washrooms at some of the campsites.