Fd 608

tsogara

Recruit
I would like to thank everyone who posts here. I have learned a lot in a very short period of time. I have called Alumacraft to get the year. Had no idea what I was getting when I bought my 3 boys a $300 row boat for duck hunting. I was very surprised when I slipped it into the water at how stable a little 14 footer can be! I also questioned the hp rating of 25 until I saw a 40hp on one!

My question is where can I find a plug? The plug screws into a triangular piece that is mounted in the hull just forward of the transom.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fd 608

To get original, you'd have to scavenge one from another boat. Hard to come by.

So I'd try a common, store bought, generic rubber style expanding boat plug. Should seal on the threads. Get a short one, make it shorter, or not enter it deep. As the original plug is short, as to not protrude.

A like original aluminum threaded plug can be machined. I can do this type of work, but it's cost prohibitive for what it is. So I'd try other options.

Good luck, Enjoy that boat!

I would like to thank everyone who posts here. I have learned a lot in a very short period of time. I have called Alumacraft to get the year. Had no idea what I was getting when I bought my 3 boys a $300 row boat for duck hunting. I was very surprised when I slipped it into the water at how stable a little 14 footer can be! I also questioned the hp rating of 25 until I saw a 40hp on one!

My question is where can I find a plug? The plug screws into a triangular piece that is mounted in the hull just forward of the transom.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim

My boat has the same style drain I use a 3/8 inch brass threaded pipe plug it has tapperd threads just put it in snug and should seal fine. Enjoy your boat. Mike

Wyldcard

Cadet

So River,you gonna play Santa and hook us all up with plug's for X-mas;)

Mark

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

So River,you gonna play Santa and hook us all up with plug's for X-mas;)

Mark

Not to volunteer for this work... takes away fishing time! One can also CNC (computer numerical control) machine copy all boat castings out of a solid piece. Now don't ask for those machined fancy alloy car wheels. 41 years in the Tool and Die trade and loving it.

Wyldcard

Cadet

LOL,

I figured you would get a laugh out of that:D

My FD did not have the org. with it,i use a WallyWorld special(but i get 10% off being a employee)

Mark