Help with electronics decision

revjeep

Cadet
I have a 2000 Crownline 202 BR. The speedometer isn't working (a clog somewhere up past the drive that I'm not all that interested in fixing), the Hummingbird depth finder in the gauge cluster is not working. I have an automobile garmin GPS that can be used for speedometer if need be.

I would like to have the depth info for lakes I'm not familiar with. Is there an inexpensive solution to combine speed and depth? I do not need to necessarily plot a chart, only know which way the marina is. I don't mind installation or buying used. In advance, thanks for your response!

Matthew

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help with electronics decision

Any of the entry level fish finders can combine speed and depth and in addition, provide a picture of the bottom so you can follow river channels. You need to up the ante however if you want to add GPS to that unit. Your hand held auto style unit doesn't care if you are on the water or on the highway -- it should still allow you to mark waypoints and do a track-back to the marina.

revjeep

Cadet
Re: Help with electronics decision

Thanks Silvertip! Any suggestions on one that will add water temp as well? What is a good place to find the best deal?