just thought i would introduce myself.

nos10racer

Cadet
hello i am new to te forum and i figured i would introduce myself. i am really really new to boats but i a trying to stay calm as i am learning about everything hands on with my new boat. its a 1976 checkmate with a 1973 evinrude 65373r motor on the back. this is the second boat i have owned. the first one was a 1997 13ft hobie powerskiff with a yamaha 48hp on the back. i sold it to get a boat with more room for the family. when i saw the checkmate i fell in love ! but in doing so i think i may have bit off a bit of a more attention needing motor. lol anyways here is a pic of her

Attachments

• my boat.jpg
    my boat.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 0

fireman57

Captain
Re: just thought i would introduce myself.

Welcome nos10 and am sorry that you are now hooked on boating. Drugs would be cheaper! If you need help with anything boating you have come to the right place. There is no site that is more friendly and helpful than the people here. The Mods are the best and the forums are kept clean and except for the occasional jerk they are very polite. Hope you stick around for a long time.

rickryder

Commander

Welcome Aboard nos10! Lots of luck with the new rig! :)

Art Bernard

Banned

Hiya, welcome aboard:) Nice lookin rig, good luck with her. Enjoy this forum, it is chock full of good stuff and great people:)

Art

nos10racer

Cadet

thanks guys !

heading out on her right now trying to see if i fixed the plug fouling problem. did heck load of reading on here last night so i feel twice as smart as i was yesterday : )

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

Welcome, good fishing rig you got there....hope it runs great for ya.

nos10racer

Cadet

i know this isnt the correct are for this but.... just got back from the boatin. lil frusterated... it starts right up pull away from the dock then when i give it full throttle she stumbles for a sec then planes out for a mile or so then bogges out.... never dies or leaves me stranded. but i can put in in nuteral and rev it up a few times then put it in gear and hammer it will plane out for 10-15 sec then bogg out again. it seems fine in nutral when i free rev it but when it goes in gear she will want to come out the water then just bogges. going to do some more searching and see if anyone else has had this problem.....