2005 Crownline 206ls, prop help

CROWNIE206LS

Recruit
Hello, need some prop advice. I have a 5.0l 215 Hp Alpha 1 currently running a 21 P 3 blade alum prop. I need a little more holeshot. what are you running? I was thinking of using a 14" 19p 3 blade SS. What is your opinion? Also I purchased this boat as a Bank repo and it was missing the factory installed Bimini top. I have all the attaching hardware just missing the main frame and top any suggestions on where I could get what I need to replace the top or should I just go for an aftermaket top? thanks in advance!

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 2005 Crownline 206ls, prop help

Dropping the prop pitch down will help the hole shot but reduce the top end speed. Going with a High-Five prop (5 blade) will help with the hole shot. I'd go with an aftermarket bimini top as your options are very limited.

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 2005 Crownline 206ls, prop help

+1 on the previous advice.

Many inboard outboard boats run great once they get going, but are slow to get on plane.

I installed a set of Bennett hydraulic trim tabs which helped it greatly pulling skiers. When the fat women get on one side of my boat, I can also level out the boat without asking people to move around.

You know, I always thought someone should engineer a nitreous system to help i/o boats out of the hole. What do you think a 150 hp shot of gas would do--for about 10 seconds?