Anyone know what this is?

mrcool

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We got our Mariah Shabah out of hibernation FINALLY! She started up pretty easily, the buzzer/beeper comes on as normal when you turn the key, but once the engine is started, it changes tone a little bit, and stays on even after the engine is running. Anyone know what this might be?
It's a 2000 4.3 Mercruiser. Thanks for your help!

Bifflefan

Commander
Re: Anyone know what this is?

Well I would guess that its one of the warning buzzers. Have you looked in your manual to see if it will tell you? May be the low oil pressure, or it could be one that is malfunctioning. How about you take off the engine cover and listen for it then track it down to see what it is.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Need to know more about your 4.3. We need a Serial number for your engine, the year of your boat is just that, year of your boat, and may not be the year of your engine.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... It's either low oil pressure, or high water temp, or low oil in the drive oil bottle...
Or a bad sensor at any of those three...

Have ya Checked anything,..??

mrcool

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks guys, I was posting the year on the engine (2000) not the year of the boat. The serial is OL 708386 Alpha one drive.
It can't be High temp I only ran it for less than a minute on muffs, tho I did notice the Drive Lube monitor fluid is low in the bottle. I was going to add oil and see if that stops the alarm. I did look in the manual, but it really doesn't say what the alarms mean? This is a continuous high pitched buzz.

thewarden

Cadet

my outdrive container has to be about 1/8 in. from empty to set off alarm

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I was posting the year on the engine (2000) not the year of the boat. The serial is OL 708386 Alpha one drive.

That's fine, but Mercruiser does not list things by year only by SN. The SN you posted is for your drive, not your engine, and we still don't know which model 4.3 you have. That is what the SN tells us.