engine problems

cookn

Recruit
1989 evinrude 150 starts fine but ar idle pops 10- 20 seconds and at an increse in throttle pops and misses but more throttle maybe at half and full speed runs fine replaced spark plugs checked fuel hose seem to be ok could old fuel be problem

Monte1961

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: engine problems

1989 evinrude 150 starts fine but ar idle pops 10- 20 seconds and at an increse in throttle pops and misses but more throttle maybe at half and full speed runs fine replaced spark plugs checked fuel hose seem to be ok could old fuel be problem

If the fuel has been sitting for more than 3 months, then sure I would start there. Also you mite be looking into a carb overhaul! Keep us posted!

cookn

Recruit

If the fuel has been sitting for more than 3 months, then sure I would start there. Also you mite be looking into a carb overhaul! Keep us posted!

thank you
I was thinking that or may be intake or air leak on carbs what do you think I replaced all gas hoses and maybe have an air leak somewhere since it seems to run at half thottle fine

Monte1961

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well the fact is it should run good no matter what position the throttle is in. Sounds like the low idle curcit is plugged up. Sounds like carb overhaul is in store. Post back and tell us what you find!