1960 Glasspar G3 painting question

deac1234

Seaman
Hi,

Going to do a little repair to this boat. A couple of holes need to be filled in, a few stress cracks looked after and MAYBE repaint the topside. My question is that the P.O. repainted it...with an Interlux product but doesn't recall which one..(Guessing Brightside??

Is there anything special I need to do when rerpairing holes etc because of the Interlux coating? Also what would be the best way ti fill the holes..most about 1/4" or so...(old holes from previous windshield. I'm NOT trying to make a show-boat, just a good 25 footer! (Looks ok from 25 feet away....)

Thanks,

Kerry

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1960 Glasspar G3 paiting question

Re: 1960 Glasspar G3 paiting question

Is there anything special I need to do when rerpairing holes etc because of the Interlux coating? Also what would be the best way ti fill the holes..most about 1/4" or so...

Ayuh,... You have to sand during prepping, so the previous paint is kinda irrelevant....

For filling,... Either something like Marine-tex, or a polyester fairing compound....

onewing

Cadet
Re: 1960 Glasspar G3 painting question

What kind of Glasspar do you own? I am a proud owner of a 1960 Glasspar runabout here in Montana. I am interested in other Glasspars. Mine had been restored by the original owners and the sold to a uwho knew nothing about boats and parked it next to a garage with the bow on the ground . When the snow melted it slid off the roof,broke the windshield and filled the Glasspar full of snow and froze solid. Thats when i rescued it and now own it,love it but no .So if you have any idea where i could get a windshield:? let me know brother glasspar ownwer
Hi,

Going to do a little repair to this boat. A couple of holes need to be filled in, a few stress cracks looked after and MAYBE repaint the topside. My question is that the P.O. repainted it...with an Interlux product but doesn't recall which one..(Guessing Brightside??

Is there anything special I need to do when rerpairing holes etc because of the Interlux coating? Also what would be the best way ti fill the holes..most about 1/4" or so...(old holes from previous windshield. I'm NOT trying to make a show-boat, just a good 25 footer! (Looks ok from 25 feet away....)

Thanks,

Kerry