power head rebuild

lima3321

Cadet
I have a 1996 Evinrude 112 HP and I am in the process of rebuilding my powere head. I am ready to put it back together and In my seloc manual it tells me to use OMC GEL SEALL II and OMC LOCQUIC PRIMER on certain parts (areas?) does anyone know where I can I can purchase these items on line or is there another manufacture of these items that IBOATS may have.

DargelJohn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: power head rebuild

I have a 1996 Evinrude 112 HP and I am in the process of rebuilding my powere head. I am ready to put it back together and In my seloc manual it tells me to use OMC GEL SEALL II and OMC LOCQUIC PRIMER on certain parts (areas?) does anyone know where I can I can purchase these items on line or is there another manufacture of these items that IBOATS may have.

The OMC Gel Seal II is what they call an "Anaerobic gasket maker" (Loctite/Permatex 518) which can found at your local auto parts. The OMC Primer is a cleaning agent to make sure the mating surfaces are oil/dirt free. I use acetone for a final wipe down. Another product I used was Blue Loctite for certain bolts and screws. The rest of the build, I used the Evinrude/Johnson Gasket sealant that comes in the metal can, where required.

I rebuilt a '96 88SPL last year and these products worked fine.