your thoughts on price of boat

kaferhaus

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: your thoughts on price of boat

In the end, its about what you want in the boat, what you want to spend, and how willing you are to either make the deal or walk away in search of a better one.

That's "buying anything 101"

Unless I really wanted that particular boat at this very moment I'd simply tell the guy that I really like his rig but don't feel good about the price.

And the NADA book is just a guide and that's all it is. It's almost always a few months behind reality and often doesn't take your local conditiions into account (even though they claim they do).

The NADA guide never bought a boat or sold a boat.

The seller may be upside down in it (likely he is) and if he sells it for much less than he's asking bay have to come up with extra cash to pay off the bank. That keeps some deals from happening... and sends some boats to the repo man.

Personally I never buy any boat unless I feel that I bought a "bargain" as I know something is going to be wrong with it that I didn't find. Or there's something I'm not going to like about the boat after using it a few times which is going to cost me money to either fix or change.

rick6977

Cadet

I think it is probably a fair price if the boat is clean. If it comes with a trailer, it is a very fair price. I have the 2101 and am very happy with my boat. Check out seastriper. com, it is a sight for just seaswirl owners. you will hear the good, bad and ugly about the boat and the manufacturer

The boat comes with a 2005 roller trailer with new brakes.

oregonboatnewb

Petty Officer 1st Class

The boat comes with a 2005 roller trailer with new brakes.

Rick,
Your asking people there opinions on what is it worth, but your not accepting what people are saying... You keep adding things about the boat, to try and justify it to us, that its worth it... but as people keep saying... If its worth it to you, get er done !

rick6977

Cadet

Rick,
Your asking people there opinions on what is it worth, but your not accepting what people are saying... You keep adding things about the boat, to try and justify it to us, that its worth it... but as people keep saying... If its worth it to you, get er done !

I was just puting all the info there as i forgot to mention the trailer.I'm always open to honest opinions from the seasoned boaters on this site but i'm not trying to justify anything.Ialso have a 21 foot seaswirl walkaround so i do know something about these boats.

nightstalker

Chief Petty Officer

I'm about to purchase a 2301 seaswirl striper walkaround and i'm curious what you experienced guys think of the price.The boat is actually 24 feet with hard top,f225 yamaha with 500 hours.It has low end garmin electronics full curtains including complete cockpit cover that snaps on.It will be surveyed and the motor will get a pre purchase check by a certified yahama tech.I sea trialed it and it ran flawlessly. Price is 26,000

Not in this market. Even with fuel costs diving, very few have the economic means to buy a boat. Today, it's not about what the boats worth, it's more about finding someone who has the extra cash to buy one. NADA values are a joke. Some vessels are selling for as little as 65% to 75% of the NADA value. You can low ball any seller of an RV, Boat, SUV today. I'd offer a lot less than he's asking, more like $17,000. If he doesn't bite, WALK. There are far too many great deals out there today with a lot more coming as the economy gets worse. Guy down the street just bought an 04 21' CC Sea Pro with a 4 stroke Yammy and trailer. Rig was totally loaded with all the bells and whistles. NADA had her at about $23,000, dealer was asking $19,500, bought it for $17,000 out the door. It was a brokered boat.
Nightstalker