Need 1995 OMC King Cobra Gimbal Housing.....

258 Vista

Recruit
I have a 1995 351 5.8 OMC King Cobra and I am in need of a gimbal housing. The number on the GH is 3852274 but i am unable to find this. I have found other numbers but can not find out if it's the correct GH for my boat.... Can someone lead me in the right direction please? Any help would be appreciated!!!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Need 1995 OMC King Cobra Gimbal Housing.....

Post a picture of the drive, or even the FULL model number of the engine, at this point, you have a choice of 3 different housings. The number you posted may be only a casting number, and not a part number.

258 Vista

Recruit

Where will that number be located? I will get pic I have it off the boat. Thanks!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have no idea where it's located. Just look around.

258 Vista

Recruit

Well went out to take a few pics and look for number and one of the local marine parts places called and told me to bring mine so he could match it up and order one. I have been looking like crazy to find out the right one and I guess I will know wednesday when it comes in. I thank you for trying to help me Don S. If this does not work out i will try back here again....

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

Howdy,

If you have not looked at parts sites like Doug Russell or BRP's site, you might have have a look.

Here's what I found for a 95 model gimbal housing at Doug Russell.

Don't forget that it could easily be a 94 model. Boat builders frequently use "last years" model engines and drives.....

3855352 3851976 GIMBAL HSG AY SILV 1 $1,518.99 $1,488.61

Like Don indicated, there's more than a few models to choose from.

You may save a LOT of money if you look for a used one too.....

Good luck,

Rick

258 Vista

Recruit

Thanks HT, I found those numbers also but no one gave me a for sure answer if it was the right one so i didnt want to take chance and have to send back. Used ones are slim I had been looking while taking all this one apart, what a job...lol The place that finally called me and asked me to bring mine said it looked like older model than 95 but i pretty sure we have the right one ordered and he charged me $1,400.00 said he does not normally do that except for dealers but said he would help me out if I ordered from him instead of him tryin to find right numbers for me and order elsewhere. Thanks again for info!

JohnOB

Recruit

If this is a a 1995 Four Winns 258 Vista with a 351 Ford 5.8L EFI this is not a king cobra. It's an SX. I assume single prop.