95' Johnson 150 No spark

edwar355

Cadet
I just got my boat out the other week and got her running again after sitting all winter.....well I've been starting it everyday for about a week...until the other day when she wouldn't hit. So I enlisted the help of my father and we determined that we won't getting no spark. I was poking around on some of the threads on here and saw one that said to try and take the top plastic cover off and unplug the connector with the black and yellow wires and I did and she fired right back up.....while it was running I put the connector back together and it stayed running. After I plugged it back up I put all the covers and stuff back and every time i've went back to it she's fired right back up.......so I guess what my question is, is what would you do??

btw the rectifier was replaced last year at the beginning of the season.

jonesg

Admiral
Re: 95' Johnson 150 No spark

Thats the kill circuit, there may be a break in the wire between the powerpack and the harness plug somewhere on the block.
If it touches ground anywhere it stops ignition.

Or the ignition switch is worn out.

If it does it again disconnect the main harness plug and see if spark returns, if it does the problem is the ignition switch or kill switch.

edwar355

Cadet

break in the wire makes since...I'll have to look it over thanks

jonesg

Admiral

The easiest way is with a meter unless the insulation is damaged.:)