mikuni fuel pump on 110vro test results

dsujen

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1986 rude vro that I mix the gas myself. It's an ellomlcdc bubble back. The fuel pump went in august. I bought a mikuni df62-702 fuel pump and rigged it on the motor. It pumps 65 liters per hour. It's made for a 150 hp snowmobile engine. Ran great in the test tank. Took it out on the water today with 3 heavy guys and a cooler of beer. Idled good in the no wake zones. Ran like a bear at full throttle for 20 minutes straight. All seemed well. Slowed down to about 5 mph for about 15 minutes and floored it. Came back up on plane like a rocket as usual. About 1 minute later, it decelerated to almost idle by itself. Then I throttled it down, paused a few seconds and floored it again. Came back up to W.O.T. then bogged down again. Did this repeatedly. At this point I just wanted to get back to the ramp. Got it on plane and ran it @ 3/4 throttle about 25 mph. It made it the 7 mile ride back with no problem @ this speed. My fuel tank is aluminum and was between 1/2 to 1/4 full. The fuel was sitting since last august, but was stabilized. I checked the factory fuel screen and was good before I left today. I also put on a new Fuel/water seperator yesterday. I can see through the factory screen and it looks ok. I didn't take it apart yet. It seems like it is starving for gas @ W.O.T. Could my fuel be bad? Could the pump have already failed? Is something plugged up even though it worked flawlessly for the first 20 minutes?