evinrude id and peehole

mick stafford

Recruit
hi all new here and after a little help,just purchased my first boat a 15ft trusty with an evinrude out board the serial number is worn sop i took the hood off and theres a number on a disc be10spe1a its a 10 horse power i was told .it fired up straight away IN A BIG BARREL OF WATER FOR 5-10 MINS and the engine didnt get verry hot at all but there is no strean of water coming from what i believe is the pee hole under the bottom cowling
Q1 have i got the pee hole right
Q2 WHAT YEAR IS MY OUTBOARD
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANKS

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: evinrude id and peehole

Howdy, Mick.

Welcome to iboats. :)

I think BE10SPELA is a Belgian made, 1991 9.9HP Evinrude, mick.

Your TELLTALE outlet must be plugged up.

Good luck. :)

mick stafford

Recruit

thanks for the id
i think the peehole is plugged in theres like an elbow joint coming off the block,then rubber hose about 5 inches going to a plastic nipple wich goes outside i have a video of it running if you click the youtube thingy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmLA0xzANaA

larryg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

when ur standing in bak of motor on the right side there is a plate with a rubber hose coming off it.follow that hose to the bottom of the motor cover,it should come out bottom somewhere.disconnect the plastic part from hose spray it out then disconnect hose and spray it out with water hose.then see if it flows out.if not u will need new impellar