Larson Warranties

MarkChambers

Cadet
Now that the bankruptcy of Genmar has been settled with Larson (and some other brands) going to J&D, who is covering warranty issues on pre-bankruptcy Larsons? Is Larson going to honor their warranties? Anybody know? Now I know that Jacobs said that they would be honoring warranties--I am wondering if anyone here has requested warranty work and what the results were.

JimMH

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Larson Warranties

Larson is now owned by a group that is headed by Irwin Jacobs former Genmar CEO. They have stated that all warranties would be honored through local dealer networks. The Larson Dealer in my area stated that they would honor any warranty work that would be required.

fossill

Chief Petty Officer

Had several claims on mine (08) and warranty was honored without any questions asked or quibbling.

txbeetle

Recruit

My Larson dealer in North Texas says the Larson company is not honoring warranties and that he would do the best he could to cover my 1 year old Senza 206. Specifically, no cosmetic work will be covered, i.e. decals, etc. He said the engine and drive are covered by Volvo Penta but that Larson has stuck him with the warranty work at the dealer's expense. Anyone hear differently?

greekfreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Had some warranty work done last year. Mercruiser offered to extend my warranty for a fee of course, called my dealer and was told that my 5 year warranty covered it.