Fired right up and ran like a charm, As Usual!

Dave K.

Chief Petty Officer
1984, 85hp. just freekin' awesome! basic maintenance every year, about 30 bucks.

Dave K.

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Fired right up and ran like a charm, As Usual!

thank you, it's been a good boat for the past 6 years and i'm the 2nd owner. and yes, it comes with a little work, mostly general maintenance. i think about selling it (the last couple years) and every time i get her out i keep thinking i'd be crazy, just because it runs so damn good.

i also posted that to give the forum some Good posts too, not just about fixing a problem. but believe me, when i have them, i come right here and have Always got the Right answer and help. very appreciative about that.

InValuable Knowledge!!

pnwboat

Rear Admiral

I feel kind the same as you Dave. I took my boat out for the first time this summer today. I have a 1988 125HP on an 18' Bayliner Cobra bowrider. Rebuilt the motor 4 years ago. It's been a long winter here and today was the first decent day. Fired right up, ran great. I put a new stainless steel prop that I got for Xmas (13 X 19 w/slight cup). Trimmed the motor up, opened her up and tached out to 5600 RPM's at 45 MPH on my GPS fish finder. Couldn't have done it without the help and knowledge on this Forum.

Dave K.

Chief Petty Officer

no sh**, 45.... that's moving! guess that SS prop was a sweet xmas present haha!

been a long winter here too. got my boat out last sunday for the first time. we usually can get them out in early april, Not this year.

ljc1957

Petty Officer 2nd Class

DK, I know how you feel. I got my boat/motor 3 years ago for $800. At the time, I thought it was too much but I really wanted that boat. Anyway, it came with a 1966 WestBend/Chrysler, 50hp outboard. I was prepared to rebuild or repower my boat because,I figured, an engine that old was gonna give me trouble. Anyway, with routine maintenance, every time I turn the key it fires right up. It cruises just fine and, in 3 years and several hours of usage, it has never failed to get me out and back. Every now and then, I'll see a nice used motor for sale and I'll think, "maybe it's time to trade up?" Then I'll take the boat out and she performs flawlesly. I like the motor so much, I bought a second one for parts.

Dave K.

Chief Petty Officer

what i like best is that I can work on it at a mere Fraction of the cost of the mercs, johnnies, and so on. without a doubt one of the best buys Ever in my life. it just keeps going and going and going.....smooth running motor, but the general mantenance is KEY! IMO.