1998 200hp mer 1660 in repairs sounds odd?

Henry21

Cadet
ok so i just got a 22ft angler love the boat have taken it out three times and it seemed to be running fine too me..... but it would lag when u first go to take off so we thought it was the carbs called a mechanic to do the job.......... and heres where it gets funny guy comes over looks at the engine for a bit tells me the stator is going bad and that i have a bad power pack and that yes the carbs need to be cleaned guy sound like he knows what hes talking about but what i was wondering..... is this something i can do on my own im handy have worked on my cars and swaped out motors as well so i know a bit but how hard is this any one know.:confused: ps the total would be around 1650 parts and labor

M

Maxz695

Re: 1998 200hp mer 1660 in repairs sounds odd?

OUch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buy a DVA and an ohm meter buy a manual total cost under 100.00. rebuild the cabs the fuel pump and test the stator and as long as all cylinders are firing I would almost rule out the switchbox good luck price to repair under 450.00

Henry21

Cadet
Re: 1998 200hp mer 1660 in repairs sounds odd?

thanks man i got a guy to do it for 180 and the price of parts so im not too mad :)