sweetwater pontoon 90hp yamaha batt hooked up backward

rrm

Recruit
Hooking my battery up I accidently touched the cables to wrong treminals. It sparked at the battery. I now have no power to tilt, insturments and engine will not start. Any ideas on what is required to repair this would be a big help.
RRm

rrm

Recruit
Re: sweetwater pontoon 90hp yamaha batt hooked up backward

Thanks PassingwindII for the rapid reply:
I have looked the only fuses I find are:
1. at battery box 30 amp checked find but replaced anyway
2. under the steering consul, 15 amp checked fine but again replaced anyway
when you say cowling do yuo mean under stering consul or under the cowling of the motor. If you mean the motor give me info as to where it is located.
Rich

rrm

Recruit

Thanks PassingwindII for the rapid reply:
I have looked the only fuses I find are:
1. one at battery box 30 amp checked find but replaced anyway
2. one under the steering consul, 15 amp checked fine but again replaced anyway
when you say cowling do yuo mean under stering consul or under the cowling of the motor. If you mean the motor give me info as to where it is located.
Rich

robert graham

Admiral

It's about a 20 amp in-line fuse in a black rubber/plastic in-line fuse holder(twist and pull apart) on the inside starboard(right side looking at back of motor) of the lower cowling(remove upper cowling and look in that area). Good Luck!

rrm

Recruit

It's about a 20 amp in-line fuse in a black rubber/plastic in-line fuse holder(twist and pull apart) on the inside starboard(right side looking at back of motor) of the lower cowling(remove upper cowling and look in that area). Good Luck!

Thanks Robert for the information. I am at work now but first thing Monday morning I am going to take the cowling off and look for that fuse. Have you had this problem before? This is the first time I have ever had this happen, this taught me to slow down and take my time with things.
Rich