Darn, if it is not one thing it is another!!!!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Just got news that my nephew, who is a bike messenger in New York was hit and run over by a semi-truck, his leg is a real mess! Looks like it is going to take quite a rehabilitation plan to get him back up and walking...

:eek:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Darn, if it is not one thing it is another!!!!

Those guys/gals put their life on the line everytime they go out. I don't know how they do it. Thank God he's still around.......

puddle jumper

Captain

Ya those deliverymen/gals have a talent for getting around on there bikes. If he was hit by a truck hes lucky to be alive. Hope his company has a good insurance for him as it may take a long time to get back up on his feet.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Well, they did surgery on him late last night and now they are calling it a "Degloving injury" and there is a palm sized piece of skin that is non-exsitant so it is going to take skin grafs to repair the area and they can't do that until it starts to heal, so they can see what skin that is left was killed and let the system start making capilaries again..what a freaking mess, it is going to take a long time for him to come back from this one!

Brent S

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thoughts and prayers. Thank God for modern medicine. I don't envy him his upcoming battle but I'm glad he gets to make it.

Smuggler's Blues

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry to hear about your nephew, I'm sure he has a tough battle a head of him. Wishing him a quick recovery.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Wow sorry to hear the bad news. On a positive note..... if he was a bike messenger then he was in better than average shape which will aid in the recovery. I wish him well.