help with weber carb jetting/metering rods

Status
Not open for further replies.

franktrav

Seaman
carburetor is a weber #9770sa2834
motor is merc 1995 350 mag alpha1 gen2
boat stumbles badly around 2000 rpm to 2300 rpm,i believe from a lean spot from the carb
does anybody have the oe jetting and metering rod specs for this setup?
last summer i tried edelbrocks 1409 setup.....a little richer jetting.....a little leaner jetting....and with all different springs....and up and down a size or two in metering rods...along with several thorough cleanings.
should i be trying edelbrocks 1410 setup? i think it is a 750 cfm carb because the primary/secondary butterfly bores are equal sized-like the edelbrock 1410
do i need to jet it that way even though i think its overkill for a 350?
i have the carb off of the boat and tore apart, soaking in chemdip
if i could find the oe setup, i will rebuild it that way and have a good starting point
maybe the 350 doesnt pull enough vaccum to run this big carb at the lower rpms..idk
any help appreciated

Bondo

Staff member
Re: help with weber carb jetting/metering rods

boat stumbles badly around 2000 rpm to 2300 rpm,i believe from a lean spot from the carb
last summer i tried edelbrocks 1409 setup.....a little richer jetting.....a little leaner jetting....and with all different springs....and up and down a size or two in metering rods...along with several thorough cleanings.
should i be trying edelbrocks 1410 setup? i think it is a 750 cfm carb because the primary/secondary butterfly bores are equal sized-like the edelbrock 1410
if i could find the oe setup, i will rebuild it that way and have a good starting point
maybe the 350 doesnt pull enough vaccum to run this big carb at the lower rpms..idk
any help appreciated

Ayuh,... Here's EVERYTHING ya could ever wanta know about those carbs...

franktrav

Seaman

thanks rickryder and bondo....
those will help immensly....much appreciated

flat broke

Recruit

any help appreciated

Sorry to dredge this up, but did you ever get this sorted out? I had a similar issue with my 350 mag towards the end of last summer, and I want to get it resolved prior to the start of the season.

Thanks,
Chris

Bondo

Staff member

Sorry to dredge this up, but did you ever get this sorted out? I had a similar issue with my 350 mag towards the end of last summer, and I want to get it resolved prior to the start of the season.

Thanks,
Chris

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard Chris,....

Start a thread of yer own, 'bout Yer problem, 'n Yer motor...

See ya there....

Status
Not open for further replies.