1968 Starcraft

Jayb123

Chief Petty Officer
Hi all.. once again another question :)
If I decided to get into a project boat and go look at this one.....
Would this one be worthy of resto?
He wants $250 for the gutted hull no trailer.
And what do I need to be aware of while looking over the boat?
Does anyone know the weight capcaity and max motor capacity?

Thanks again....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 0

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1968 Starcraft

Whoa, Jay!!

Ask him what he will pay you to haul it off. He is just looking for a way to dispose of it.

Jayb123

Chief Petty Officer

Ya your right JB ... I need to take a step back and curb my enthusiasm a little bit.

Huron Angler

Admiral

I see some colors in that soupy mix that indicate corrosion. It is a early-to-mid 60s hull, a Starcraft Jet, Jupiter, Holiday or Nassau depending on the specs.

It looks like a bracket to install a rear bench seat, which would make it a Jet or Jet Star maybe.

Dents, corrosion, cracks, and lots of bad rivets would be deal breakers for me.

Other than that these older aluminum hulls can be made new again with help from iboats, and some hard work:D

JB may be spot on...ask if you can get it out of his way for free:)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Certainly worth checking out. Could be a neat little runabout IF it isn't corroded.

Jayb123

Chief Petty Officer

I had asked him on the phone if he was negotiable.. he said it was worth its weight in scrap for $250. Problem is its 2 hrs away.... and I been impatient lately. Im eager to get me and the boys out fishing and tubing. I have a feeling unfortunately JB is right.... I should slow down... (but i dont wanna)...lol :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Gonna cost you more than a grand to get that on the water, with a trailer, floor, motor, controls,seats/pedestals/bases, safety gear etc.

You should be able to find a water ready rig for under $1500 if you aren't too picky.

Here is a beauty in Syracuse, 16' boat, 70 hp motor, and trailer, looks good, asking $1200.

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/boa/2361218970.html

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I had asked him on the phone if he was negotiable.. he said it was worth its weight in scrap for $250. Problem is its 2 hrs away.... and I been impatient lately. Im eager to get me and the boys out fishing and tubing. I have a feeling unfortunately JB is right.... I should slow down... (but i dont wanna)...lol :D

LOL Scrap prices on an aluminum boat are sold as aluminum siding which is cheap :facepalm:

Look at the basket case I restored in my signature which was $250 with a trailer.

Jayb123

Chief Petty Officer

Gonna cost you more than a grand to get that on the water, with a trailer, floor, motor, controls,seats/pedestals/bases, safety gear etc.

You should be able to find a water ready rig for under $1500 if you aren't too picky.

Here is a beauty in Syracuse, 16' boat, 70 hp motor, and trailer, looks good, asking $1200.

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/boa/2361218970.html

Ya i was doing some calculations (smoke rising from ears) after reading some of the starcraft resto threads and realizing what the boat would need to make it look decent. Figured it would cost a few $ so we move on to the NEXT! lol :D

After doing some reading.... research.... I am starting to lean towards the starcraft club. Plus seems like a bunch of cool guys there :D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Go buy that one roscoe posted NOW. Seriously, that's a ridiculous deal. The motor alone is worth the asking price.