Key Switch

castman27

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Need key switch wiring schematic for 1963 johnson super sea horse 40

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Key Switch

See what they have on the maxrules.com website. The wiring is pretty simple on that motor.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

With a real marine switch (not an auto one):
B = Battery positive
A = Accessories (not to the motor)
S = Start (to starter solenoid)
C = Choke (if equipped)
M = Magneto (either wire - runs to the points)
M = Magneto (either wire - runs to the points)

okiefarmr

Recruit

The best thing I found is to buy a service manual. Things seem a lot easier with one. Of course the information you can gain off this forum is priceless.

castman27

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I bought the big book for my 1963 40hp super seahorse Johnson motor but it seems they dont have the key switch i it will check again tonight after work.

castman27

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hi again now what i need is to rewirer my 1963 40HP johnson , i dont have too many accessorie to it.
I want to have a Key switch for the motor or push switch to started and also i want to install a killswitch , throlling motor bow light and stern light and that is all, can anyone help me with a diagram cause the wirer on my motor are color and dont even know where colors go to wich switch etc... here are some pics.

Attachments

• mike biat 034 (Small) (2).jpg
    mike biat 034 (Small) (2).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 0
  • mike biat 035 (Small) (2).jpg
    mike biat 035 (Small) (2).jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 0

jasper60103

Commander

Hi again now what i need is to rewirer my 1963 40HP johnson , i dont have too many accessorie to it.
I want to have a Key switch for the motor or push switch to started and also i want to install a killswitch , throlling motor bow light and stern light and that is all, can anyone help me with a diagram cause the wirer on my motor are color and dont even know where colors go to wich switch etc... here are some pics.

Hopefully this helps with the key switch...

No generator:

28sch_NG.jpg

With generator:

28schematic.jpg

castman27

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thank You this help , i dont have a choke selenoid i think will this make a difference??? and also i can see i will need to purchase a starter selenoid i guess.