Bought a 18 ss

Matlok

Cadet
Hello,
So, we are excited. we bought a 1976 18ss with an 85 hp merc. I am going to replace the 85 with a 130 honda. This 18 ss is rated for 125 or more so we should be okay. Thanks for all the comments on my other post avbout the 130. I'll be selling the 85 merc.

We live in Hamilton, outside of Toronto, Ontario.
Matlok

Last edited by a moderator:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bought a 18 ss

Congrats! We'd love to see some pics when you get the chance.

GLG fishing

Chief Petty Officer

Sounds like a new transom and relocation of the fuel/battery will be on the agenda. Should turn out to be a sweet ride. Can?t wait to see the pictures.

Starman8

Chief Petty Officer

Sounds like a new transom and relocation of the fuel/battery will be on the agenda. Should turn out to be a sweet ride. Can?t wait to see the pictures.

If it is a 4stroke, it could weigh 475 pounds, about 200 pounds more than the old style engines.

dozerII

Admiral

Welcome to the STARMADA Matlok, but I don't see any photos yet and I think I can hear the distant rumble of the drums:D:D
Glen

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer

It sssooouuunnndddssss good, welcome aboard.

TheWrks

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome Matlok to the madness lets see some photo's when you get a chance :D

boatguy94

Chief Petty Officer

I see pictures! Welcome to the Starcraft club :D. Sweet looking boat, and it looks like you won't have to do much to her to get her in the water.

Ok, one question, how well did it tow behind the Focus? I've towed my 16' with a PT Cruiser, and I really wouldn't want to go too far with it. That is a great thing about our Starcraft's, they are pretty light.

dozerII

Admiral

Great looking boat Matlok, I can't believe how high they have it sitting on the trailer!. Would make it tough to launch at a shallow ramp, should be easy to adjust. I see on your personal info, you have Bancroft and Edmonton down as location, that is quite the commute?
Glen

Matlok

Cadet

Yes, the issue about being so far away is nasty. But cottage life in Ontario is wonderful! Our lake is 120 feet deep, we can drink the water, we have 550 ft of frontage that faces west, granite, huge pine trees, and crown land bedside us. So, the commute is well worth it. I used to work alot in Ft Mac but recently but now semi retired and go to the lake mid June to end of Oct.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

That place sounds beautiful! I think we need some photos!:D

Huron Angler

Admiral

Nice looking boat you've got there. It seems to be in pretty much original condition, no previous restoration attempts.

That can be a nice advantage as you won't be fixing other people's mistakes.:)

Welcome to the Starcraft fleet, sounds like a very nice lake to live on, probably full of tasty walleye and perch too!:D

concept10

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Welcome aboard. You've come to the right place. guys are a great bunch. I've only had my 16' ss for two months and I'm already envious of the 18' footer. Nice looking rig and good luck with your plans.

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer

Nice lookin boat ya got. Bet the fishin's good up there

Matlok

Cadet

For what its worth, the 18 ss we just got has a model # of 18 SUS on the boat. Its rated for 140 hp. Anyone know what the u in the SUS stands for?

Its not a great as it looks, iut has been painted with tremclad and lots of bruish strokes and drips. But all in all we like it. It has a new floor and transom.
Man, these things are light!! Pulling it down the highway was simple.
Now to get the 130 honda on it. It should be a fun suimmer.

Huron Angler

Admiral

SUS = SuperSport = SS all the same.:)

That thing is gonna chinewalk with the 130hp Honda possibly:D Fun, fun, fun!