what trolling motor for a 21' stratos fish and ski boat

sstumpf

Seaman Apprentice
what bow mount trolling motor would be good for a 21' stratos fish and ski boat. i would like to stay with a 24v system. thanks.

sstumpf

Seaman Apprentice
Re: what trolling motor for a 21' stratos fish and ski boat

anybody know

sschefer

Rear Admiral

80 lb Min-Kota Terrova with iPilot. If that's to pricey look at the PowerDrive V2's.

KnightWolf

Petty Officer 1st Class

A price range would help. And what type and conditions do you fish? I fish the Mississippi and the more power the better to hold against the current. But a flat water lake does not take much to pull a boat. If its in a tourny though then its a different story. So what are your needs?

sstumpf

Seaman Apprentice

i fish at clinton and shelbyville lake in IL, for the most part. i will look at those minn kotas that were recommended.

John_S

Rear Admiral

Being it is a stratos, the hull was probably designed around a cable steer trolling motor, prefered by bass anglers. I am surprised that one wasn't already installed. Not that a power drive type won't fit, just verify you dont have any mounting issues. If you do plan on mostly bass fishing and being in the bow, you should consider a cable steer. If walleye, crappie, or just recreational fishing, a power drive type is fine. The I-pilot has some great features, if the price doesn't scare you.