Trigger wire connection to powerpak wires/leads

Racee1

Cadet
I am trying to find out if there is a specific connection at the terminal block for the trigger wires to connect to the power pack wires. Are these wires color coded or can either wire connect to either of the trigger wires and power pack trigger wires?

Mercury 7.5 hp
serial 4854167

Thank In advance for all support and knowledge sharing!
Ray

Last edited:

Laddies

Banned
Re: Trigger wire connection to powerpak wires/leads

The early trigger wires were both brown and the later were brown and white so it should not matter, the worst that could happen is you will have to switch them.

Racee1

Cadet
Re: Trigger wire connection to powerpak wires/leads

Thank You Very Much Laddies, Your support is greatly appreciated and continues to be a tremendous help. I Have an additional question for you relevant to a previous post if you have time. When I recieved the lighting kit it came with a voltage regulater. Do you know if I need to install this along with the rectifier? In the diagrams on the links I don't see the regulator in conjunction with the rectifier, I'm not sure if it's an either or application. As in either the rectifier or the regulator. I have a battery connected and a switch plate for the lights and I am just trying to use the motor to charge the battery while running. If that makes any sense and you can help again I would greatly appreciate your knowledge and skills. I will also try to add another reply to the post in which the links are posted for the lighting kit as well as the diagrams. The first thread I posted. Thank You so much for your kindness!
Ray